For quite a while I was beginning to think I had ruined my Elephant Ear bulbs. See, I am one to quickly read through instructions and go about my merry way. Once I thought I had it down I got to work on planting these EE's. So, I watered, waited, and nothing. I kid you not when I say I threw a mini-fit when I did not see a thing 2-3 weeks after the initial planting of my EE's. I researched and came upon several different possibilities as to why I had not seen anything. One, I was being impatient. Two, I may have drowned them. Three...well I don't remember three. Eventually I left it to Nature to do her thing. Then one day I finally got what I had been waiting for...a leaf.